Victor L. Genberg
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Office: 409 Hopeman Hall
Phone: (585) 235-7460
Fax: (585) 235-6931
PhD, Case Western Reserve University, 1973
I am a part-time faculty member in the Mechanical Engineering department, teaching one course a semester. I also participate on Ph.D. thesis committees and seminars. My areas of interest are:
- Finite element analysis and applications
- Optimum structural design using nonlinear programming
- Structural analysis of precision optical structures
- Integrated opto-mechanical analysis and design
My full-time occupation is President of Sigmadyne, Inc., a small consulting firm specializing in finite element analysis of precision structures. I have over 35 years of experience in the analysis and design of optical structures of orbiting telescopes.
- Genberg, Doyle, Michels, "Optical Performance as a Function of Dynamic Mechanical Loading", SPIE Paper 5178-4, 2003.
- Doyle, Genberg, Michels, "Integrated Optomechanical Analysis", TT58, SPIE Press, October 2002.
- Genberg, Michels, Doyle, "Making Mechanical FEA Results Useful in Optical Design", SPIE Paper 4769-4, July 2002.
- Genberg, Michels, "Opto-Mechanical Analysis of Segmented/Adaptive Optics", SPIE Paper 4444-10, August 2001.
- Genberg, V. "Optical Performance Criteria in Optimum Structural", SPIE, Paper 3786-29, July 1999.
- Chapter 8: "Structural Analysis of Optics", Handbook of Optics, CRC Press, November 1996.
- Chapter 9: "Thermal & Thermoelastic Analysis of Optics", Handbook of Optics, CRC Press, November 1996.